1. STANDARD INSPECTION
1.1 What is the purpose of the initial inspection?
1.2 What Happens During the Inspection?
During the inspection, the service technician will confirm the following:
- New equipment is compatible with the existing system
- Equipment is appropriate for the application
- Ductwork is appropriate for equipment selected
- Electrical is appropriate for equipment selected
- Venting is appropriate or modifications are within the scope of the installation
- No other hazards or conditions exist that could prevent a successful installation
1.3 "Standard Job" and "Custom Job"
If the inspection is successful (confirming a "standard" job), the technician will schedule an installation appointment.
If the inspection uncovers any issue that requires different or additional equipment, parts, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, etc. the job will be considered "custom". In such case:
We will let you know the issues making this a "custom" job.
We will provide the revised Labor and Equipment cost necessary to properly complete the installation.
If the options do not work for you, you can cancel your order at no charge.
2. STANDARD INSTALLATION2.1 What Does Installation Include?
The technician will arrive at your home and check with the equipment you pre-purchased, making sure all the items are delivered correctly.
While installation starts, the technician will also perform these services:
- Replace the old equipment
- Flush/vacuum lines (as needed)
- Make plenum connections
- Recover old refrigerant
- Install the FDD device
- Install the dryer filter in the liquid line
- Installing the surge protector between outdoor unit and outdoor disconnect
- Adjust refrigerant charge per the manufacturer’s specifications
- Replace your old thermostat with InverterCool Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat. (This is optional. If you like your existing thermostat better, you can just keep the new thermostat because it’s complimentary with your product purchase)
- Haul away old equipment
During the inspection and installation, the technician will not:
- Perform a load calculation
- Change the grading or landscape
- Repair or modify a roof
- Modify structure, provide carpentry, or painting services
- Modify electrical wiring between the service panel and disconnects
- Change/run gas lines
- Modify or install any ductwork beyond the plenum connections
Additional materials may be needed to complete the installation, such as:
- Condenser pad
- Heat strip (if required)
2.3 What Does Professional Installation Service Mean to You?
You can rest easy knowing that InverterCool backs all installations with a 10-year Labor Warranty.
In addition, we provide trusted, certified HVAC local contractors that are experienced to install your equipment. Each installer is vetted, approved, and reviewed after each job by customers just like you.
- All contractors are inspected with background check, insurance and HVAC license
- All contractors are screened before being added to the network
- We do NOT sell leads to contractors
- Our prestigious contractor base develops lasting customer relationships
- Contractors must maintain a good track record for punctuality, professionalism, and quality to remain in the network
Enjoy our professional service, ORDER NOW >If you have any question, please call InverterCool support number 1 (855) 632 0620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, we are happy to assist you.